For more than 30 years, MEDHOST has been delivering electronic health records and other clinical and financial software solutions to community hospitals around the United States. The company’s professional services team bears the significant responsibility of deploying MEDHOST software at customer sites, through skilled implementation projects that average 32 weeks in duration.
The Benefits of KeyedIn
By moving the forecasting and management of those implementation projects from Tenrox, Microsoft Project and Excel to the KeyedIn Projects professional services automation (PSA) solution, MEDHOST was able to:
- Double services profit margins from 20 pts to 40
- Decrease revenue forecast variance by 12%
- Cut in half the annual cost of PM tools
- Leverage KeyedIn data in Power BI dashboards
How They Did It
Before selecting KeyedIn Projects and accomplishing these tremendous gains, the professional services team first launched a search for a new software solution that could eliminate a host of challenges:
- The team’s current toolset – including MS Project, Excel and Tenrox – was “unmanageable,” and it did not integrate with existing Salesforce and Sage Intacct systems.
- The existing software was difficult to use and often avoided, rather than adopted.
- Task plans and resource scheduling were disconnected, resulting in poor utilization and unmet customer expectations.
- Over-customization of the existing software made it very costly to enhance and maintain.
- Data, such as time entry, had to be entered in multiple systems, often resulting in human error.
After considering Mavenlink, Taskray and Microsoft Project Server as possible PSA solutions, the professional services team at MEDHOST chose KeyedIn Projects to solve the challenges they faced. KeyedIn proved superior to the competitive solutions in a number of areas:
- Much easier to use and adopt
- Stronger project and resource management capabilities
- Integration with Sage Intacct and Salesforce to eliminate duplicate data entry
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Recommended by the team’s Sage Intacct partner, LBMC