- KeyedIn Projects gives the company visibility, clarity and control into global enterprise projects spanning three unique PMOs.
- The system supports more than 2,000 users worldwide.
- Better forecasting has led to labor time and cost savings at both the project and PMO level.
- The new, enterprise view provided by KeyedIn Projects is revolutionizing the organization’s global resource management capabilities
The first pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise in the world has over 13,200 stores in 11 countries and includes a pharmaceutical wholesaler and distribution network of over 390 centers. Today the enterprise delivers to more than 230,000 pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year.
This household brand on the corner of nearly every main street across North America and Europe used spreadsheets and emails to support three enterprise Program Management Offices (PMOs) in Europe and the UK. These PMOs varied Retail Pharmacy and Healthcare Distributor Case Study Global powerhouse gains visibility, strategic power and clarity with KeyedIn Projects SaaS solution in maturity and used a variety of project management methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile. They included an IT services PMO; a retail pharmacy PMO; and a distribution PMO. Creating status reports for each of these three portfolio management silos took days; a coordinated report that reflected all of the Offices’ work could take weeks—and be completely out-of-date by the time the right people saw it.
“Our three growing PMOs relied primarily on paper systems, and our project tracking did not yield an enterprise-wide view. We needed to deliver much more insight, connect projects to business strategy and bring better value for each portfolio as well as to our company as a whole,” said the PMO leader.
When evaluating solutions, this enterprise reviewed the following features to overcome their challenges:
- A partner that would help us align processes before, during and after implementation
- A solution that could be delivered quickly and used out-of-the box, yet also be easily and cost-effectively configured for function-specific needs companywide
- A way to manage resources better, in real-time across the company
- A solution to compare budgets and project capacity usage in a single portal
- A better reporting function to deliver an analytical view of everything we work on within all three portfolios and measure efforts against forecasts more holistically
KIP’s cloud-based solution allowed the company to gain visibility, clarity and control. Among three PMOs with very different business drivers, KeyedIn Projects captured varied workflows, managing all projects in an easy-to-use and friendly interface. The built-in features and functions allowed the enterprise a quick start, with easy configurations and reports as well as intuitive widgets and dashboards to create an intuitive workflow. The company also reported that KeyedIn’s expert service delivery and support created excellent momentum that the company benefitted from almost instantly.
“I have to say, KeyedIn people made as big of a difference in crafting our high-performance solution as the software did,” the PMO leader reported. “They matched our needs to their functionality very quickly and also partnered with us to embed best-practice processes into our final product. Within these past three years, we couldn’t be more pleased with their efforts. The KeyedIn portfolio management solution was exactly what the doctor ordered.”
KIP will help the PMO teams utilize resources more effectively, saving both time and money. The 2,000+ current users have consistently cited the solution’s ease of use and functionality as significant benefits. Reporting functions have improved as well, and better forecasting has led to labor time and cost savings at both the project and PMO level. The enterprise plans on adding more users as required to grow the business and will potentially include additional configurations to empower other parts of the company, from functional executives to additional PMOs.
“About 18-months ago we entered a stable execution mode much faster than we had anticipated,” said the PMO leader. “It’s not an exaggeration to report that our new, enterprise view is revolutionizing our global resource management capabilities.”
"I have to say, KeyedIn people made as big of a difference in crafting our high-performance solution as the software did. They matched our needs to their functionality very quickly and also partnered with us to embed best-practice processes into our final product."
- PMO Leader, Retail Pharmacy